Jun 27, 2007

Antara Mali - fitness regime - part 1






Dance is the sum total of my fitness regime. I just dance a lot.

I have been dancing all my life. I am a tap and jazz dancer.

I had taken a break from dancing for a while. But for the last two years, all I have done is dance.

I am also a Bharatanatyam dancer.

The advantage of learning all these styles of dance is that your body becomes totally flexible.

For Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon, I did a bit of both Kathak and Bharatanatyam.

Naach required a different kind of dance [She plays a choreographer in the film. Abhishek plays a struggling actor].

So I did some ballet and some contemporary dance as well.

In fact, [in Naach] I picked up from where I had left off with Madhuri.

Naach required us to form our own vocabulary of dance.

I never go to a gym -- it's most boring.

I used to do yoga earlier and still practise it, but dance keeps me fit.

But, yes, fitness for me is for a lifetime. You can't do it when you feel like it and then discontinue.

It has to be part of your lifestyle.

No comments: